- Render OCS and ORBX scenes created with Octane Standalone or any of the
Octane plugins. Any animated geometry or camera data from the OCS/ORBX
file (in an ABC Scene Node) is tied to the Nuke timeline, so scrubbing
the timeline will move the Octane time to the relevant point.
- Nuke 3d geometry
(Cylinder, Cube, Card, Sphere and GeoRead) with can the rendered with
the OctaneRender Node, or if the OctaneRender node has already had an
OCS/ORBX file imported, any Nuke 3d geometry will be added to the scene.
- Access all Octane Render Passes (currently 38 different passes available) in the Nuke channel.
- Edit Octane
materials and render settings via the Octane NodeGraph editor window.
Changes made in the NodeGraph window update immediately in the Nuke
- Integration with HDR Light Studio, including LightPainting by mouse clicking the Nuke Viewer.
- Live updating of Nuke 3d Geometry transform changes to the Octane scene (and the Nuke Viewer). So if you move a cube, the Octane render picks the movement up immediately - no need for a scene refresh.
- Export an animation
sequence (which can contain both import Octane geometry and Nuke 3d
geometry) to ORBX or OCS for sending to a render farm.
- Import Octane geometry (from ABC and OBJ Mesh nodes) into the Nuke 3d scene for visualization purposes.
- The Octane camera can be controlled from a Nuke 3d Camera (connected to the OctaneRender node).
- Render animation sequences via the OctaneRender node as you would with the Nuke ScanlineRender node.
- Focus, Material, White Balance and HDR Light Studio LightPaint picking (by clicking geometry in the Nuke Viewer window) is supported.
- Ability to switch on Caching, so each render is then placed in the Nuke cache for
- Nuke 3d Geometry which is exposed to Nuke plugins as Point Clouds will not be rendered.
- The plugin assumes there is one rendertarget node in the Octane scene. Multiple rendertarget nodes are not supported.
- Octane Node pin values set using the “Edit Octane Scene” button cannot be animated. Animation of these pins is planned in the future.
- Nuke 3d Geometry Shaders are not converted to Octane Materials when rendering Nuke 3d geometry. You will need to setup the Octane Materials separately via the Edit Octane Scene button.
- The Nuke UI is blocked whilst rendering each frame when Cache Renders is enabled.
If you have any questions, or want more details - pls go to http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45781.